Thursday, December 1, 2011

!Bailamos!

I'm pretty sure that at some point I mentioned that I've been taking a Sevillana dance class. If not, now you know. Sevillana is obviously a dance that originated in the one and only Sevilla. So in order to fully immerse myself in the culture ('cause I'm super cultural like that...ha) I decided to take a dance class. And it has been AWESOME. I've met so many incredible people from the class who I would openly welcome into my home in Denver if they were ever passing through. Not only that, but my teacher is probably one of the coolest people I have ever met. Basically, this class made my Mondays. Last Monday was our performance. We got to dress up in the traditional Sevillana garb and prance around in front of some random students and professors at my friends' school. It was a blast! Here are some photos from the evening:
Sylvia painting Luke's face...pobrecito!
Oh shoot...
Kirsten!!! She's so Spanish!
Las Rubias! (Kari)
Kirsten and Luke. Sevillanas en puro.
Sylvia the dance teacher. GuapĂ­sima!
The whole gang
One of the things I will miss most about Sevilla! Definitely going to bring this back to the States =)

1 comment:

  1. Aw yeah guuuuuuuurl, "eso esssss!!" I will miss you mucho and Sevillanas will live on in my heart for a lifetime. Also, I will most definitely be visiting you in Denver in the not-so-distant future. BESITOS...

    ReplyDelete