Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Los Padres Conquistan España

Yep. It happened. A few months ago, my wonderful dad surprised my mom on her birthday with a trip to come visit me in Spain. Isn't he the best? I didn't even have to convince him!
Not only was this my parent's first time in Spain, but it was their first time in Europe! I had a blast showing them around my city, eating out (for free!), discovering new parts of Sevilla, and appreciating the parts that have become so normal to me. Here are some photos from their visit:
Stopped by a little French bakery for a chocolate croissant
In my neighborhood
Dad loved his Cruzcampo! First drink with the padres as a 21 year-old! Partaaay!
 Sunday we took a trip to the beach in Tarifa, where you can catch a ferry to Morocco. You can actually see Africa from Tarifa and my dad really wanted to see the strait of Gibraltar. So to Tarifa we went!
After searching and searching...and searching around Sevilla the day before for a Moroccan restaurant my friend had told me about (only to come to find out that it was closed...en serio) we were excited to stumble upon traditional Moroccan food at a restaurant overlooking the beach that lead to Morocco itself!
Couscous, potatoes, carrots, squash, caramelized onions, garbanzo beans, raisins, and unbelievable sauce with tons of cinnamon! It was one of the most delicious and beautifully presented meals I have had in Spain!
My parents did some site-seeing while I was in class and then we went out for some fabulous lunches and dinners during the rest of the day.
Outisde view of the Catedral. It never ceases to amaze me!
Sangria & Tapas
Walking around Barrio de Santa Cruz. Such a cool restaurant! Far too pricey for an actual meal though.
The best Patatas Bravas in Spain at the best tapas bar in Sevilla: La Taberna de MaCuro.
Dad's birthday dessert at San Marcos
The last day we went to Plaza de España, which I have yet to post pictures of because I forgot my camera the first time I went. Thus, here they are. If you're a nerd like me, you will recognize this plaza from Star Wars: Episode II (sorry, I could only find the video in Spanish)

I miss them already!

1 comment:

  1. man, that food makes me want to just get up and move across the ocean. yum!


    oh, btw. HEY COUSIN!!!

    ReplyDelete